Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Things I don't want to forget

Jayden was kind of a late talker. He really didn't express himself until he was closer to 2. I think a part of it is because he seems shy. Now that he talks a lot more, I don't want to forget the words that were hard for him to say.

Kitchen. For some reason, he can't say it. I will enunciate it for him and I see him watching my mouth. But no matter how many times I correct him, he always says, chicken. That's right, chicken.

Heater. Our house is two stories, and the heating is horrible. During the winter, no matter how high we turn up the heat, the first floor is ice cold. So we have portable heaters planted throughout the house. He asked what it was one day. I told him, heater. Then one day, he says, "Mommy, I want to turn on the Peter." Peter. And again, I enunciate it for him. Sound out the H sound. He watches my mouth very carefully. But Peter still comes out.

Blue. He used to say that word very clearly. I swear before 2. Then one day he started to say Byoo. I don't know why. I don't know what happened, but he says it now.

More = mo-yore
Store = sto-yore
Door = do-yore
Please = pyease

Love that kid.

P.S. I think Harper is going to crawl soon. Go, H, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment