Monday, February 25, 2013

Bumbleride Indie Twin

I purchased the Bumbleride Indie Twin (Movement Edition, Fog) a couple months ago, and I haven't really had the chance to use it. I have always been too tired or too busy to use it. And I'm also a bit chicken... In the winter, it was getting dark around 6 PM, and I'm not a fan of walking in the dark by myself. My intentions with this stroller are to walk my kids and get back into shape. Although the Indie isn't a full fledged jogging stroller (like the Bob), it can handle light jogging. And let's face it, I haven't really ran since I got married; so I thought it was a good fit. My children are always so comfortable in it. Harper seems to fall asleep pretty quickly, but Jayden likes to fight it off until the very, very end. 

The pros:
It's pretty... I don't say the same about the Bob
huge basket
Two front tires (I have that people complained about the Bob Duallie tipping over b/c of its single front wheel)
huge canopy
Adjustable footrest
Movement fabric is waterproof
Adjustable handlebar 
Great push

The cons: 
Front wheels shake when jogging; you must lock the wheels.
The model I purchased didn't come with a pump or rain cover as years passed
Buying the accessories can get expensive
Vita is discontinued (This con is really for me...a personal thing and shouldn't be taken seriously)

If I was a serious runner; I think I'd definitely get a true jogging stroller.... Just because I don't like that I have to lock wheels in order to jog. That's just my preference. I heard that the 2013 Indie Single has been updated to be more of a jogging stroller, so it can still be considered... but the Twin has not been updated at all. 

I went for a walk this past weekend with the kids and it was probably one of the most miserable walks of my life. Mostly because I had to wear my glasses; and because of the heat, they kept sliding my down my nose. It just really bothered me... plus I had a runny nose because of my darn allergies. And the wind. You'd think I lived in Chicago. During the walk, there were a few hills. And to get through it a bit faster, I tried to jog up them. Let me tell you, I run at a snail's pace. If you saw me from the road, you'd think I was walking. And the stroller shook. It bothered me that I wasn't even going that fast... a very, very, very slow jog (in high school, we called it slug). How can it not handle that pace? I will trying running with the wheels locked to give my true opinion on its jogging function. 

Even though I was miserable, I was happy to get a workout in... and c'mon. Look at how happy the kid is! It was worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment